1. Membership Contracts
New contract terms, effective December 2014. Those who have already purchased a contract prior to these terms can still put their membership on hold if they need to, but any contract purchased once that expires will be under these rules:
You may cancel a contract by providing a doctor’s note, proof of change of address ten miles from our locations, job relocation email/letter, or military/government deployment orders. Contracts broken for any other reason will require a penalty fee of 30% of remaining contract obligation paid in full at time of termination.
You may suspend a contract by providing a doctor’s note.
Parking is free for two hours for clients of Potomac CrossFit. Location, parking and bike racks Map.
We have men’s and women’s showers.
The most important thing you can do for your health is to adopt a Paleo Diet. Â These resources can get you started:
- What is the Paleo Diet?
- Get Started!
- Shopping and Food Matrix
- We also have meals delivered twice per week to our gym via Territory Foods.
This doesn’t matter too much, but since everybody asks, here’s the best shoes we’ve found for CrossFit:
- Inov-8 (anything between F-180 to F-230)
- Reebok Nano
- Nike Metcon
- NOBULL Project
- There is no dropping at Potomac CrossFit because of noise issues.
- Ditching for safety is always permissible.
- If you ditch or drop, you will be required to lower the weight youâ€™re working with: no exceptions. If during a Strength WOD (Squat 3-3-3-3, etc) you will remove some weight. If during a METCON WOD, you will be required to take all weight off your bar and just use a barbell. If using a KB or DB, you will reduce the weight.
- If you drop twice in a WOD, coaches will stop you from continuing the workout.
- If you consistently ignore this guidance, your membership will be cancelled immediately and no refunds will be provided.
9. Travel WODs
a. Your best bet during travel is to do a drop-in at another CrossFit affiliate.
b. Second best is finding a hotel gym or globo-gym and trying to do a version of the Potomac CrossFit WOD.
c. You can do your own WOD utilizing just body weight or a hotel gym. There are multiple lists of “CrossFIt Travel WODs” out there on the interwebs. Most of these are really long METCONs. See above.
d. If you have to do an all bodyweight WOD, know your ability level and scale accordingly.
b. Patriot CrossFit follows programming from CrossFit Invictus on a delay